|Arc 2000 has moved location, and now sits|
in the main Haute Tarentaise valley
The Guardian put it on the front page of G2, gave it four stars and interviewed lead actor Johannes Bah Kuhnke. They filmed the interior scenes in a Swedish hotel (it looks like the Hotel du Golf, but rather swankier) with Les Arcs forming the backdrop to the exterior shots.
"This ice cold Swedish drama about a family torn apart by cowardice is like Bergman with a wicked streak", says the Telegraph, also awarding the film four stars.
|At Le Solliet, above Villaroger?|
For Les Arcs fans, there is of course the opportunity to completely miss the point of the film and play "spot the location". These include:
- Arc 2000 moving location (see photo above)
- Drinking at Le Solliet
- Skiing from La Plagne back towards the Vanoise Express
- The Varet and Aiguille Rouge lifts
- The Pierra Menta block at Charvet
- The scary pedestrian tunnel linking Charvet with the Croisette parking at Arc 1800
- Plus, the star of the show: La Creche restaurant at the top of the Transarc, location for the pivotal avalanche scene:
|Click here for an interview with|