1. Tignespace opened: "the most innovative sports and conference centre in the Alps", according to the website. It is an example of how Tignes is always looking to innovate and try new things.
2. The X-Games have moved back to the US - much to the irritation of resort bosses.
3. A shiny new Aeroski lift lift opened in 2013.
4. The new upmarket development billed as Tignes 1800 also opened for the 2013/14 season.
5. The Tignes dam featured centre stage in The Returned, which featured on British TV screens during Summer 2013: a new series is coming soon.
6. And the dam features in the Telegraph this month, showcasing April's visit to the drained dam by Andrew Aird of Ski Adventures.
7. Some of our nation's finest young minds will be in resort from 13 December - aka the Sussex Snow winter ski trip.
It's a fascinating place - less attractive than Val d'Isere maybe, but with bags more character. The history is quite something: the flooded valley, the new resort built up at Le Lac, its embracing of everything "sportif", the fresco on the side of the dam. If you've ever got time to kill, take a look at the exhibition at the Maison de Tignes at the heart of Lac.
|Before the deluge.|
Paris Match, 1952
|Park at Les Brevieres and make|
the Sache black run or Corniche blue
your last descent of the day, taking in
the unique Aiguille Percée